John Greene purchased the Medway Mills Complex in 2006 in an effort to mix commercial and office space with his portfolio of apartment complexes and to create a home for his art studio.
Greene envisioned large open spaces, filled with light and color of structure that tenants and clients would find warm, inviting and unique. From his artistic capabilities he solely configured the dynamic flow of the complexes entries, hallways, core facilities and office demarcations. Each step of visitors' experience, from entering to exiting the building or offices has been meticulously planned out. “I kept it simple,” States Greene- “to let the structure speak for itself, for our history, the spaces our forefather's and theirs worked in.” Stone, steel, slate, - worn yet elegantly refinished floors are all hallmarks of these remarkable structures.
“I am here nearly every day” Greene states. “When tenants lease, they buy use of the space but just as important, they are buying a landlord too. This is a service business, tenants are essentially partners–if you keep them happy and functioning, they succeed and I will too..”
Medway Mills is a gathering of structures constructed on the foundation of the original Stone Mill built in the eighteen hundreds with granite quarried nearby. The history ranged from a grist mill to a picking mill both utilizing water power from a subsidiary of the Charles River – Chicken Brook. In recent years a variety of businesses occupied various parts of the structures until it was entirely renovated by it's present owner John Greene of Westborough.
The entire site consists of eight acres bordered on all sides by wooded grounds including wetlands which shall always remain in natural state. Chicken Brook, a sizeable stream flows under the Stone Mill Building and passes through about 500 meters of the property. An abundance of wild life including trout, large turtles, crayfish, otter, beaver, hawks, blue heron and even deer have been seen on the property.
Pretty landscapes, stone walls, flowered gardens greet visitors as they enter each building.
The present day buildings are primarily brick and stucco construction featuring exposed wood and steel beam, 14' ceilings, 8' windows and maple floors. The majority of the complex has been renovated into Class A Mill Office Space with top of the line energy saving technologies including triple pane, low e, argon filled thermal windows, 6“ wall insulation, (high R) - 4“ urethane foam insulated roofing, 96 percent efficient fully modulating / condensing gas boilers and 16 seer high efficiency roof top air conditioning units surrounded by 850 solar panels.
All construction systems: electrical, sound proof wall partitions, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and pre-wired Verizo Fios communications are state of the art. Tenants occupying space have individual control over electrical, heating and cooling systems.
Sun filled windows, cream walls and ceilings oppose “fire brick red” beams and pipes, all set behind dazzling “copper finish” duct work producing a warm expression unmatched in today's typical office environments. Tenants and visitors alike love to be at Medway Mills.
Office spaces are fully sound deadened, all feature lovely natural stain wood trim, mop boards, and maple entry / office doors with brass hardware. Bathrooms feature terra cotta tile with granite counter tops.
Space size varies from as little as 150' up to 4000' depending on tenants' needs and anticipated growth.
The Medway Mills Complex is conveniently located on Rt. 109 with over 20,000 cars a day passing by. Yet it is just 5 minutes to 495, 20 minutes to 128 N/S and 3 minutes to Rt 126 into Bellingham.
The Medway Mills
165 Main Street Medway, MA 02053
- A- Tech Commercial Parts and Service
- A + F Refrigeration and Cooling
- Abeloff, Anne LMHC
- Almont Green Studios
- b.Luxe hair and make up studio
- Brand Hero
- Cahill, Tanya LMHC
- Chat Noir Manicures and Pedicures
- Coffin – Fahey, Rachel LMHC
- Cohen Debra Licensed Optometrist
- Coleman Photography
- Corinthian Insurance Agency
- Croll, Jean, M.Ed, OTR/L
- Crystal Clear Drain Systems
- Denaro, Jennifer Psy. D, LMHC
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries
- Freilich, Steven Ph, D.
- Geiger, B.A. MSW LICSW
- Geiger, Edward Ed. D. Licensed Pshchologist
- Gowen, Scott G. Law Office
- Greene, John J. Art Studios
- Greenwald, Bridget LMHC
- Greenwood Heather, Studios
- Hex Dog Training Academy
- Jill Kuykendall-Professional Photographer
- Lisa Campion-personal Counselor
- Lisa Delchamps LHMC
- Lori Designs-curtains drapes
- Lundberg, Jan LMHC
- Mary Sheridan Attorney at law
- McHallam, Christopher Attorney at Law
- McHallam Patrick
- Medway Dog Wash, The
- Medway Mill Antiques and More
- Molly's Apothecary
- Murphy, Glenn Attorney at Law
- Nastasi Dunn, Lynette LICSW
- National Security Institute
- Now and Zen Massage Therapy
- Ortho Sport Physical Therapy
- Peal Studio 83
- Pearlman, Carol Ph. D, Licensed Psychologist
- Perennial Landscape
- Prema Popat-Health care consultant
- Psychic Forensic Medium
- Rubin, Jerome LICSW
- Rubin, Joan Scialo RN
- Service Champ Inc.
- Standley, Linda LMHC
- That's My Ticket
- The Cunnally Law Group llc
- The Divorce Collaborative
- Top Dog Day Care Inc
- Vigiboss Inc
- Village Cabinet and Design LLC
- Wendy Shea-Professional Photographer
- Wink Lash Boutique-lash extensions
- The Medway Mills
- John Greene
- 165 Main Street Medway, MA 02053
- Phone: 508-367-8745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org